Saturday, February 4, 2017

Another finished horse!

This model was actually finished before I entered NaMoPaiMo and she is not counted towards my "paint 10 models this year" as she was so closed to finished last year. This model has, like the ones before her, been in the works for quite some time (and planned for far longer).

Ever since I read about a black Icelandic Horse mare named Dimma in a Swedish horse comic book for children the idea of a black Icelandic mare has been stuck with me. Years later, after I found the model horse hobby, the idea of creating my own Dimma was born but it took a long time to find and get the body I needed. A Breyer Sm. G3 Highland Pony.

And apparently it took even longer to finish her. But here she is, my own Dimma, a black Icelandic mare.


She sports a blaze with an adorable pink nose and two white legs.


She does have some dark brown highlights and I used some coloured pencils to stripe her hooves slightly but it seems to not show up well in photos.


She is not perfect but it doesn't matter as she is not going anywhere and I'm happy that she is finally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment